Yes!!! You did read that correctly. There are such things as crochet cruises. Who would have thought!? Well not me until earlier this year when a fellow crocheter and owner of Crochet Australia departed on one in March.
What’s not to love about a crochet cruise? Food, fresh air and serious time for crochet, all whilst surrounded by fellow hookers and beautiful views. So I’d say that’s a big win.
The Celebrity Solstice is a 5 star cruise ship.
Let me tell you a little bit about the cruise itself. In point-form as it’s just neater that way.
10-night cruise on Celebrity Solstice including all entertainment, main meals and onboard gratuities
- Exclusive workshop venue bathed in natural light
- Registration morning tea – welcome aboard and introduction
- High quality ‘Welcome Kit’ containing the design of your choice, yarn and a selection of other quality crochet tools and accessories you’ll need – worth over $250
- Extra yarn to make a blanket ‘square’ and other fun items for our charity auction
- Choice of three workshops based on your skill level
- Additional development workshops to add to your skills base
- One-on-one assistance for your projects as required
- 10 crochet workshops (two per sea day) with teachers to explain their designs and generally assist you with your work
- Lounge ‘Hook up’ sessions on port days and sea days
- Crochet related fun trivia and activities with prizes
- Final ‘Grand Gala’ get together, awards, fun fashion parade & cocktail party
Note: The crochet package is exclusive to Cruise Express guests who pre-book and cannot be purchased onboard.
AND if you book before 31st July, you’ll receive 50 balls of Scheepjes Catona yarn in 5 different colours.
Here is the link to their website with more information, including cabins and prices etc.
This is where will be going… see below photo for Itinerary
|29th Oct 2018||Sydney||Depart 18:30|
|30th Oct 2018||Newcastle||Arrive 08:00 – Depart 17:00|
|31st Oct 2018||At Sea|
|1st Nov 2018||At Sea|
|2nd Nov 2018||Airlie Beach||Arrive 07:00 – Depart 17:00|
|3rd Nov 2018||Cairns||Arrive 09:00 – Depart 18:00|
|4th Nov 2018||Willis Island||cruising|
|5th Nov 2018||At Sea|
|6th Nov 2018||Brisbane||Arrive 08:00 – Depart 20:00|
|7th Nov 2018||At Sea|
|8th Nov 2018||Sydney||Arrive 06:30|
There will be 4 of my designs on board the Celebrity Solstice.
- Beginner design for the workshop
- Intermediate design for the workshop
- Advanced design included in the crochet kit
- And a special design… shhhh
I’m super excited about this cruise and would love to meet you on board. I’ve got to get cracking a design the advanced pattern now… so until we meet again or first the first time, happy hooking.
Leave a Reply