A Bobble-0-fun Mandala
I almost always start off my posts by saying ‘as promised’. I went to do the same for this one. Then I thought I make a lot of promises and am slow on keeping them, but life is busy with 3 boys and a household to run and sometimes I don’t even get an unbroken hour to crochet, which is my happy place, where I find my sanity. Because, well 3 boys are full on lol. And come 8pm I’m either falling asleep on the lounge or I have my hook and yarn ready to go, but I just stare at it. I’m hoping that once the sleeping side of Willybum is settled and sorted, I’ll get sleep, then I’ll be a better functioning person. So in saying all that, here is the pattern.
– yarn, glorious yarn in any colours you like
– hook size to go with your yarn or tension
– yarn needle
-This pattern is written in US terms
– Each round is started with a standing stitch
– The end of each round is finished with an invisible join
Stitches used and abbreviations
– sc = single crochet
– dc = double crochet
– tr = treble croche
– bpdc = back post double crochet
– bobble = bobble stitch
– fsc = folding single crochet
How to do a fsc:
Insert hook into back loop of next tr and into back look of corresponding st in previous round, yarn over and pull through 2 loops, yarn over and pull through 2 loops.
For tutorials on how to make a bpdc and fsc please click on either link.
1. Make a magic ring, ch3, 11 dc in ring (12sts)
2. Make a starting dc in any st, dc in same st, 2dc in each st around (24sts)
3. Make a starting tr in any FRONT LOOP of any st, tr in front loop of each st around, join this round with a slip stitch to the front loop of first tr (24sts)
4. fsc in back loop of same st and back loop of corresponding st from round 3, fsc in each st around (24sts)
5. Make a starting tr in any st, ch1, (tr, ch1) in each st around (24sts)
6. Make a starting sc in any ch1 sp, 2sc in same sp, 3sc in each ch1 sp around (72sts)
7. TURN WORK, make a starting sc into the st above tr, *bobble, sc in next 2 sts*, repeat around, omit last sc (72sts) (see photo below if unsure)
8. TURN WORK, make a starting dc in any back loop of any st, dc in back loop of each st around (72sts)
9. Make a starting bpdc around any st, bpdc around each st (72sts)
10. Make a starting sc in any st, ch1, (sc, ch1) in each st around (72scs, 72chs)
11. Make a starting tr in front loop of any sc, tr in front loop of all sts, join this round with a slip st to the front loop of first tr (72sts)
12. fsc in back loop of same st and back loop of corresponding st from round 11, fsc in each st around (72sts)
Ta daaa that’s it! I hope you have enjoyed crocheting the A Bobble-o-fun Mandala. I’d love to see your creations so please use the hashtag #bobbleofunmandala on your social media accounts.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask firstname.lastname@example.org